Ethiopian Olympic Committee
Duties and responsibilities
The Commission had been established pursuant to the Regulation passed by the Ethiopian Olympic Committee, Executive Board in its Regular Session held on 30/4/2009.
- To consult the Ethiopian Olympic Committee regarding athletes taking part in the Summer and Winter Olympic Championships.
- Ensuring the rights and interests of Ethiopian athletes to be observed.
- Helping Ethiopian athletes to be set-up/organized at every level.
- Establishing inter-relationship with International Olympic Committee athletes Commission and with subordinate organs under its supervision.
Major Duties of the Commission
- Deliveries appropriate assistance towards the establishment of Athletics Commission under every Sport type.
- Keeps record of Athletics Commission in every Sport.
- Organizes various educational programs having bearings on athletes in partnership with the concerned organs.
- Collects and complies various types of information on Athletes.
- Puts in place and implements awareness creation induction programs capable of enabling Athletes to know and observe sporting rules and regulations, as well as to enhance sportsmanship.
- Formulates and implements plans that benefit Athletes.
- Submits General Progress Report on its plan implementation to the Ethiopian Olympic Committee, Examination Board.